18 January 2011

Response # 5

Response5

Astrid,

So, the spring semester has begun. I apologize in advance for the delayed entries that will occur.
For this response, I tried a bunch of things and none of them were all that exciting. This one had potential and could probably lead to something else more interesting. I figured I would leave that "something else" to you. After stepping away from it and coming back to it later, I thought that it really reminded me of rocks and minerals. I don't know if you ever had a similar experience during childhood of trying, with all your might, to draw your favorite rocks and failing miserably...but, after working like this, I came to the conclusion that "drawing" rocks with watercolor and acrylic could be the solution I was looking for. Can't wait to see what you do with that.

-Di

No comments:

Post a Comment